The PROMPT manual
The PROMPT Course manual was first published in 2008 (RCOG Press). Since then it has consistently been bestselling title in the RCOG bookshop with excellent reviews.
"The most useful resource ever, for educating student doctors and midwives and for supporting best practice for all qualified O&G and midwives"
The third edition of the PROMPT Course Manual has been comprehensively updated and an Australia and New Zealand edition was published in 2020. This is available at a reduced price to accredited units running PROMPT. Please contact us for more information.
Contents of PROMPT Course Manual (Third Edition):
1. Team working
2. Basic life support and maternal collapse
3. Maternal cardiac arrest and advanced life support
4. Maternal anaesthetic emergencies
5. Fetal surveillance in labour
6. Pre-eclampsia and eclampsia
7. Maternal sepsis
8. Major obstetric haemorrhage
9. Maternal critical care
10. Shoulder dystocia
11. Cord prolapse
12. Vaginal breech birth
13. Twin birth
14. Acute uterine inversion
15. Newborn resuscitation and support of transition
16. Measuring quality in maternity care.